CHS Teacher Wins Non-Instructional Employee of the Year Award

February 18, 2016 | Alana Berry

Crestview High Schools Juanita Payne-Galbreath was selected by her peers as the Non-Instructional Employee of the Year for Crestview High. Because she was the winner of this award, she was entered in the contest for Okaloosa County. On January 20, she was told that she was a finalist in the contest for Okaloosa County. As a reward, she was presented with an edible fruit arrangement by Superintendent Mary Beth Jackson. On February 18, she was told that she won Non-Instructional Employee of the Year for Okaloosa County. Paw Prints recently caught up with Payne-Galbreath to get her outlook on this experience.

How do you feel now that you have won?

I feel blessed, honored, elated. This is a very exciting time for me!

Whats next?

Well, I will continue to do my best to ensure that each person I come in contact feels self-worth, or happiness, or just made to feel like they matter. I strive to treat others better than they may treat me. At the end of the day go home feeling like i have made a difference in the lives of others.


Is there anything you want to say?

I would like to thank god for blessing me. My family for standing by me and supporting me in all that I do! I would also like to thank those special teachers who treated me with the up most respect. I would like to let everyone know about the “Showers of Blessing Nook”. This service provides high school students and their families basic needs such as shoes, toiletries, and food gift cards. I’m expecting donations from our teachers here at Crestview High. Gently used clothes or shoes. The gift cards can be of any denomination from a grocery store or Wal-Mart. Come make a difference in a child’s life. Thanks to all who will do this. It is truly great to be a bulldog!

E-mail Disclaimer: Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

For questions about the website or to request access to any information currently inaccessible, contact